Winter is almost here and so is the possibility of shivers running down our bones in the freezing cold weather. A room heater is among one of those appliances that keep us warm during the winters. But before buying a heater it is important to know about the different types of room heater available in the market. They are available in different types such as the oil filled, gas, fan, halogen, infrared, quartz, carbon and radiant. The most commonly used heaters are the convection and radiant heaters.
Convection Heaters: Most of the convection room heaters are fan supported and warm up an entire room. The best feature is that these types of room heaters can be used year round. In winters they can be used to warm a room and during summers they can be used as a fan.
Radiant Heaters: Radiant heaters produce heat using the infrared technology. It works by electricity passing through a quartz tube or a ribbon filament, eventually letting heat warm up the people and objects in the room. They work better in smaller spaces with limited people.
Moreover, the other important factor to consider before buying a heater is the size of the room the heater will be placed in and its wattage. It’s a fairly simple calculation. Measure the size of your room in square feet and multiply it by 10 to know the watts required. For example, if the size of the room is 150 sq. ft. multiplying by 10 is 1500, which is the number of watts required to heat the room. Now let’s have a look at the best room heaters to buy this winter:
- The Orpat OEH 1220 is one of the best heaters and is fan assisted to function as a heater in winters and as a fan in summers.
- The body of this heater has a cool touch and uses 2000 watts and an operative voltage of 220-240 volts.
- The built-in handle of this heater has two heat settings; one uses 1000 watts of power and the other uses 2000 watts of power.
- It has a small, lightweight and compact design that is easy to handle.
- The Usha FH 1212 PTC is a fan assisted electric room heater that will keep you warm during the winters.
- It is a portable heater with a built-in grip that can be shifted from one room to the other easily.
- The regulator allows you to adjust the heat level as per your comfort.
- This Bajaj room heater is a well sought after new generation room heater which is halogen supported.
- The power consumption of this heater is 1000 watts.
- This heater has a nickel chrome plated mesh grid and also comes with a nickel chrome plated reflector.
- The heaters reflecting surface has parallel ridges and the material is made of cast iron.
- The Orpat OEH is easy to use – easy to install non-sagging, stitching type room heater.
- The variable thermostat setting of this heater has two heat settings; one uses 1000 watts of power and the other uses 2000 watts of power.
- Also the body of this orpat room heater has a cool touch and it is small and easy to carry around.
- It uses the operating voltage of 230 volts and is embedded with 100 percent copper wire motor.
- The Usha 3002-QH is an economically designed heater that uses a quartz tube as a heating element.
- It uses the operating voltage of 230 volts and uses 800 watts of power.
- Furthermore, the Usha room heater comes with a switch that automatically shuts off the power to prevent overheating.