Xiaomi is believed to be working on a toned-down version of its Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone which could be called as the Xiaomi Mi 6c. The Mi 6c has been spotted earlier via several leaks; however, this time, renders and information about specification have surfaced hinting an imminent launch.
Xiaomi Mi 6c: Design
The recent leaks have been received from a Chinese social site, Baidu which has revealed the price, specifications, design, and storage details of the Xiaomi Mi 6c smartphone. The renders of the alleged upcoming Xiaomi mobile shows a sleek handset with chamfered edges on the rear panel that are similar to the Mi 6.
The Xiaomi Mi 6c has only one primary camera sensor at the rear along with the flash module. However, the leak suggests that the black object next to the flash could be a secondary camera with a 5MP sensor. As of now, no further confirmation about the dual camera setup on Mi 6c has received, so we suggest taking this with a pinch of salt.
The front panel of the device resembles with the design language of Mi 6. It has a physical home button which could be doubled as the fingerprint sensor. The bottom edge of the handset will host dual speaker grilles and a USB Type-C port. The render shared on Baidu shows a white colour model of Mi 6c.
Xiaomi Mi 6c: Price
The recent leak revealed that the Xiaomi Mi 6c smartphone could come in two variants- 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage model priced at CNY 2,000 (roughly Rs 18,850) and a 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage model priced at CNY 2,500 (roughly Rs 23,500).
Xiaomi Mi 6c: Specifications
The Xiaomi Mi 6c was previously leaked via a benchmark site with the code name ‘Xiaomi Jason’. These are few specifications we know so far thanks to the leaks and rumours.
- Xiaomi Mi 6c will feature a 5.1-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) display
- The display is expected to have a 2.5D curved glass on top
- Will boast a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core SoC clocked at 2.2GHz
- The SoC is built on a 14nm FinFET process
- The handset will run on Android 7.1 Nougat OS
- It will be accelerated by 6GB RAM and will offer 64GB of storage
- Expected to have a 12MP primary rear and 4MP front camera
- The camera is likely to come with Sony IMX386 sensor and OIS
- It will support 4K video recording