Reliance Jio: Free Usage Offer Extended till March 31

Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced at an event that the free services for its Jio subscribers under its Jio Welcome Offer will now get extended till March 31 as a part of Jio Happy New Year Offer. The telco already has 52 million existing customers on its network and the numbers are increasing rapidly.

Every new Jio subscriber registering from December 4, 2016, will receive the data, voice and the access to Jio apps for free till March 31, 2017, and they will be promised to avail free service under the Jio Happy New Year Offer.

On the other hand, the existing users and the users who get registered before December 4, 2016, will be rewarded for Jio Welcome Offer till December 31, 2016, and later automatically switched to Jio Happy New Year offer. Hence, no need to purchase new Jio SIM will require.

In addition, Mukesh Ambani also stated that the users availing Jio Happy New Year offer will be allowed to use free data, voice, and Jio apps services during the offer period with a daily FUP limit of 1GB. When users will cross the limit, they will be throttled to slower speeds.

In explanation about the daily FUP limit, Ambani said that the 80 percent of Jio consumers are using about 1GB of data per day, while the remaining 20 percent users are high data consumers which are congesting the network. To refresh, the Jio Welcome Offer had 4GB daily FUP limit against the 1GB limit of Jio Happy New Year Offer.

The Reliance Jio maintained its buzz even after its launch for the long queues for SIM cards, slow speeds, and many complaints. To elaborate this, Mukesh Ambani said that the main reason behind the slower speeds was the free Welcome Offer. Managing 52 million Jio users, taking the full advantage of the free Welcome offer rooted the slowdowns on the 8 percent of its towers, he added. And 92 percent of the consumers were experiencing high data speeds without any hassle.

Mukesh Ambani also stated that the company has initiated numerous feedbacks from its users and are making changes accordingly. For instance, the innovative Aadhaar-based services which empower the eKYC activation infrastructure. Furthermore, he said that the Jio has signed up 6 lakh subscribers every day for three months because of the eKYC system.

At the announcement, Ambani claimed that Jio has become the fastest-rising tech company, not only in the country but in the history of the world. The company has grown faster than major tech companies such as Facebook, WhatsApp and also the fastest growing 4G LTE network.

In addition, the Jio services now completely support the MNP process so all customers can keep their existing mobile number while migrating to Jio. Moreover, the company has also integrated the home delivery facility of its Jio SIMs. The SIM can later be activated after delivery via the eKYC process. This facility will be available in all major cities of the country by December 31, 2016.


Leave A Reply