GBA4iOS is one of the best emulator apps, allowing you free and easy access to all your favourite Gameboy, Nintendo, and other console games, right there on your mobile device. The best news is that you don’t need to jailbreak to enjoy all of this and it’s all free.
GBA4iOS is an in-depth emulator, the most comprehensive outside of Cydia, and it has support for all iOS devices on all iOS versions. If you have more than 2GB RAM you will get a much better experience with the emulator; games are smoother, and that includes the newer games with heavy graphics.
How to Download GBA4iOS:
Downloading GBA4iOS is really quite simple but not as straightforward as getting an app from the iOS app store. What you need to do is install an unofficial app store called AppValley first, offering thousands of other apps, games, and emulators.
Method 1: iOS
- Follow the linked guide to download AppValley VIP onto your device
- Open the installer and tap on Emulators
- Search for GBA4iOS and tap to install it
There is another way to install the emulator, a bit more complex but still easy enough.
Method 2: IPA File
For this, you need to install the .ipa file directly to your device; you need your Apple ID to hand and Cydia Impactor.
- Check that iTunes is up to date on your device – open iTunes, click Help > Check for Updates; if there is one, follow the on-screen instructions
- Now download the gba4ios ipa file onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Plug in your iOS device and open Cydia Impactor
- Wait until it detects your device and then drag the .ipa file into the open window
- Type your Apple ID in and wait while Cydia Impactor does its work.
- When you see the app icon on your home screen, the installation is done.
- Don’t open it just yet. First, open Settings
- Tap on General > Profiles and find the app name in the profile list
- Tap it and then tap on Trust
- Close Settings, GBA4iOS is now ready for you to use.
Will Emus4U Void My Warranty?
No, because it runs the same way as a standard iOS app and doesn’t need root access to your device. That means no security rules are broken and so Apple cannot void your warranty. However, using a tweak that modifies your device may be a different matter so, if the need arises to go back to an Apple store with your device, remove the tweak first.
GBA4iOS is a comprehensive emulator offering plenty of features:
- Quick to download
- No need to jailbreak
- Supports all iOS versions, including older ones
- Full support for Nintendo, Gameboy, and many more consoles and hosts
- Play your favourite console games; games to suit all ages and al preferences
- Support included for multiplayer online gaming
- Safe and fast downloads with cloud server hosting
- Cloud data storage ensures easy syncing between devices
- One emulator, all consoles – no need for separate emulators
- Create custom game maps and game controls
- Lots of other features
Alternative Download Method:
If you can’t get AppValley to work for you, or you can’t get on with it, don’t worry because there is another way. An alternative installer called TweakBox can also be used to install GBA4iOS. Simply follow the step in method 1 but, instead of AppValley, just download TweakBox. Open it, search for GBA4iOS and install it.
GBA4iOS is just one emulator; several more have since been released outside of Cydia, offering support for different consoles. Have a look at these free alternatives:
- Delta Emulator
- Happy Chick Emulator
- PPSSPP Emulator
Give GBA4iOS a go, get your console games back on your device for free.