The search giant, Google has finally unveiled its much-hyped Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL smartphones at an event in San Francisco. These are the first and the latest mobiles under the Google brand. India is one of the primary launch markets for Google Pixel smartphones and the pricing of the devices in India will start at Rs 57,000. The pre-orders of the latest mobiles will begin from October 13 in India. The smartphones will be available on Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital, and other retailers by the end of October.
The Google has announced the US prices of the latest mobiles based on the storage capacity- Google Pixel 32GB variant costs $649 (roughly Rs. 43,000), 128GB variant $749 (roughly Rs. 50,000), Google Pixel XL 32GB costs $769 (roughly Rs. 51,000), 128GB variant costs $869 (roughly Rs. 58,000). The pre-orders for the Pixel devices have already started in the US.
On the hardware front, the Pixel smartphones are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor along with a 4GB of RAM and a choice of 32GB or 128GB of storage space. The smartphones have a Pixel imprint fingerprint sensor. Pixel packs a 2770mAh battery while the Pixel XL comes with a 3450mAh battery. Both devices come with latest Android 7.1 Nougat OS and it offers USB Type-C port alongside a 3.5mm audio jack. The devices come pre-loaded with Google Duo app. Check out more from Google Mobiles.
5 Things to know about Google Pixel, Pixel XL
- Form Factor: The Google Pixel comes with a 5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) AMOLED display while the Pixel XL features a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display. Both devices come with the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection. The devices are built upon an aluminum unibody design and will be available in Silver and Black color options.
- Google Assistant: Pixel and Pixel XL are the first phones with the new Google Assistant built in. The Google Assistance has replaced the Google Now and came up with even more functionality.
- Camera: Google has touted its latest mobiles as the best camera ever packed into a smartphone. The rear camera of the devices scores 89 points in DxOMark, which is the highest rating received on any other smartphone ever. The smartphones offer a 12.3MP primary rear camera with Sony IMX378 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, and 1.55-micron pixels. And, an 8MP selfie camera with Sony IMX179 sensor is present on a front panel of the device which offers f/2.4 aperture and 1.4-micron pixels.
- Unlimited Cloud storage: Google is offering a free unlimited storage for full-resolution images and videos on Pixel devices. Similar to the Google Photos backup function, the images, and video get stored on the cloud, but the company has taken off the size limits and compressions even on 4K video recordings with the new Pixel smartphones.
- Mobile Virtual Reality: The Pixel devices are the first smartphones compatible with Google Daydream view headset for VR use. The Daydream View comes with a motion controller.