Almost a week back, Google introduced two new smartphones during the “Made by Google” launch event. After months of leaks and rumours, both the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have finally made their debut. These two next-gen flagship devices by Google come with incredible features and specifications that has fans excited. While the design and appearance of the smartphones haven’t changed a lot, the software has quite a lot of surprises. Before taking a look at the most interesting features of these latest Google smartphones, here are the specifications of the smartphones:
- Display: The Pixel 3 smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch OLED display and the Pixel 3 XL smartphone comes with a 6.3-inch OLED display (with a notch)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Storage Variants: Both the smartphones are available in 4GB RAM variants with 64GB and 128GB internal storage respectively
- Rear Camera: Pixel 3- 12.2MP, Pixel 3 XL- 12.2MP
- Front Camera: Pixel 3- 8MP + 8MP, Pixel 3 XL- 8MP + 8MP
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Colour Variants: Clearly White and Just Black
- Price: Pixel 3- 64GB storage for Rs 71,000, 128GB storage for Rs 80,000; Pixel 3 XL- 64GB storage for Rs 83,000, 128GB storage for Rs 92,000
- Water Resistance: IP68 rating (can be dunked in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Battery: Pixel 3- 2915mAh battery, Pixel 3 XL- 3430mAh battery
Moving on, if you have been waiting to buy a new flagship smartphone, here are the top 5 reasons why Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL should be your choice.
Google has finally taken a step forward and designed its first smartphones that will be added to the wireless charging mobiles price list. With a glass finish, the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL smartphones are compatible with wireless charging support. For an enhanced wireless charging experience, Google has introduced a new charging pad called the Pixel Stand. This charging pad features an 18-watt fast charger. Additionally, Google also claims that users can get seven hours of charge by charging their phone for 15 minutes.
Interestingly, the Pixel Stand is not just like any other wireless charger. The Stand can convert your Pixel smartphone into a smart display with easier access to Google Assistant with shortcuts. Placing the Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL on the Pixel Stand will allow you to access various features with voice commands or one-touch control buttons.
The Amazing Pixel Camera
One of the reasons why these latest Google smartphones have acquired so much hype is because of the camera features. Google is known for improving the camera features on every new Pixel smartphone. And, without a doubt, Google has designed the best camera smartphones to launch in the smartphone market. There are a lot of new features on these latest Google devices; let’s take a look.
- Top Shot: This feature is what we have been waiting for. The Top Shot feature will help you capture pictures without worrying about blinking, sneezing or moving. This feature works by clicking a burst of shots, giving you the option to choose from a wide array of pictures.
- Night Sight: We have all heard about low-light photography. But, the Night Sight feature is much more enhanced and will let you capture natural and well-lit pictures in the dark. The highlight of this feature is that it does not require the use of flash and uses machine learning for brightly lit pictures.
- Super Res Zoom: Google has heavily incorporated machine learning in the camera features. With a Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL smartphone, you can zoom in on your subject without worrying about the quality. The Super Res Zoom feature will let you zoom in to click sharp and clear shots.
- Dual Selfie Camera: The Google smartphones have now introduced the dual camera setup on the front display. This setup captures 184 per cent more screen content, allowing you to capture selfies and group selfies without a selfie stick.
- Photobooth: This is another feature that selfie addicts will absolutely love. The camera sensors will recognize when you are smiling or making expressions and will automatically click pictures.
Smarter Google Lens
Another added advantage of the Pixel camera is the embedded Google Lens. If you require additional information about something you are looking at, open up the Google Lens. Long press on the Pixel camera to activate the Google Lens. This Lens can provide you with information on popular plants and animals, different types and styles of clothing, and much more. The Lens can also scan and translate the text for you on the go.
Video Source: YouTube
Screen Your Calls
Receiving unwanted calls from unknown numbers is an experience that we go through almost every day. However, with the Google Pixel 3, you can get rid of this annoyance. When you receive a call from an unknown number, your Pixel 3 smartphone can answer the call and display the transcribed conversation on the screen. During the call, your smartphone will ask questions like, ‘who is calling and what the reason for calling is’. You can then decide if you want to answer or reject the call.
The Digital Wellbeing feature was announced during the launch of Android 9 Pie. This feature is to make sure that you are using your smartphone and apps in a healthy manner. You can keep a track on the amount of time you are spending on each app and set time limits, to avoid over usage. When you exceed the set time limit, you will be automatically locked out from the app. Additionally, flipping your Google Pixel 3 phone will activate the Do Not Disturb mode to mute notifications and calls.