Ten years ago, on January 9, Steve Jobs introduced a new revolutionary device at the stage of Macworld 2007. It was world’s first iPhone, the original iPhone. Jobs called the iPhone as a combination of three devices- iPod, mobile phone, and the internet communication device.
Although iPhone was not the world’s first smartphone, Apple innovated with the user’s interaction with their device. At first, many were unconvinced with the use of touchscreen in a mobile. Later, it became the most natural way to operate a handheld smart device.
“iPhone set the standard for mobile computing in its first decade and we are just getting started. The best is yet to come,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO in a press release.
The latest edition of Apple iPhone was launched back in September last year called as the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Here is the glimpse of these smartphones.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Innovations
- Apple always had world’s most popular camera since its debut. The iPhone 7 offers a 12MP primary rear camera with OIS, f/1.8 aperture, whereas the iPhone 7 Plus offers dual-lens camera setup at the rear with portrait mode and 2X optical zoom capabilities.
- The A10 Fusion chip on the iPhone 7 is the most powerful chip ever used in any smartphone. The processing performance of the iPhone 7 is 120 times faster and the graphic performance is 240 times faster than the original iPhone.
- The stereo speakers on the device are amazing and provide an immersive sound output which is two times louder than the iPhone 6s.
- The iPhone 7 is the first water-resistant iPhone which ensures protection against splashes, spills, and dust.
- The Retina HD display on the device provides a wide color gamut, greater color saturation with cinema-standard colors.
Not just iPhones, Apple has brought innovations in its OS as well. Here are the biggest iOS innovations.
Innovations that made iOS 10 the best mobile OS ever.
- Enabling the App Store for Messages
- The Memories feature in Photos
- SiriKit for developers to develop apps that will talk to Siri
- Improved Maps app which is simpler and intuitive to use.
- News notifications and paid subscriptions in News app.
Apple CEO, Tim Cook has mentioned in a press release that the best is yet to come. By stating this, he might be suggesting an improved and the best iPhone ever with its upcoming iPhone 8 smartphone which is likely to be released in September this year.