Android Nougat is the sweetest release of the year. The roll out of Android 7.0 Nougat is now official. You will now find the tasty update running under the hood with selected Nexus. Get ready to be amazed by the new additional features to Android, tweaks to the interface that will all change how you use your phone. Not to mention the improved battery life and performance.
Coming soon, To Devices Near You
As per sources, over several weeks, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G (Android One) will receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Devices that will be enrolled in the Android Beta Program are also likely to receive this final version.
As per Pricekart, the upcoming LG V20 will be the first new smartphone that ships with Android Nougat, right out of the box.
We have listed some of the major features in Android 7.0 Nougat, and here are some of the highlights.
1. Improved Multitasking: Multi-window, Direct Reply, Quick Switch
Multitask with ease with the new Android 7.0.
- Multi-window support will allow you to run two apps side by side. By simply dragging the divider you can resize the windows too. With increasing screen sizes in phones, it makes sense to think of various ways to use that entire screen available.
- Direct Reply will help you respond straight to notifications directly from the notification pane without having to open any app.
- Double tapping the Overview button will let you switch between two most recently used apps due to the Quick Switch feature.
2 .More Personalized – Quick settings, Multi-locale support, Expanded Emoji
Customizing your phone to fit your personality is kind of a big deal. But Android Nougat has specified even more ways to make your Android phone your own. Here is how
- Quick settings allow easy access to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and the flashlight with a single swipe. You get all the important shortcuts in the notification shade as well as the liberty to edit / change the order of the icons.
- Multi-locale support can be used by apps to tailor their content. Great feature for multilingual users. You can now view the search engine results in all the languages you selected.
- Express yourself with the over 1,500 different emoji built into Android, including 72 new ones.
3 .Smarter Battery Life – Doze Mode 2.0
The Doze feature is even dozier with Android Nougat. While the phone is lying at rest and idle the updated Doze feature preserves the battery. In addition, you can now kick in even when you’re on the move.
4. Faster & Secured – Seamless Updates, File-based Encryption, Direct Boot
The new android update is built with powerful layers of security and encryption. Keep your data private and much secured this time!
- With Direct Boot you can run the device in a secured mode when powered up but not unlocked. Apps do not run during direct boot mode rather they run in an encrypted mode. This means that your device can startup faster.
- The New Android devices with Nougat can install software updates in the background and optimizes all your apps for the new version. So, you won’t have to wait to installs the update. Software updates now install much faster for current Nexus users.
- Enhanced File-based encryption helps to better isolate and protect files for individual users on your device.
File based encryption, and seamless updates will lead to faster software updates in the background.
5. Highest Level of Engagement: VulkanTM, Daydream
Android Nougat is designed with immersive experiences in mind.
- VulkanTM is a cross-platform API for 3D graphics. With better use of multi-core games will now leap to life. Expect high-speed performance by preventing unwanted access to the RAM.
- Get ready to transport you to virtual worlds through VR mode in Android through Daydream. Daydream-ready phones, headsets and controllers are all coming later this year.