Broadly speaking, you must have, like many others, not realized how vital a good workstation was until working from home started. As many of you continue to work from home, at least part-time, having a workstation that meets the nine-to-five needs while complementing the existing decor is more vital than ever.
Finding the proper desk, whether for a bedroom, a corner of the living room, or a dedicated study area, might be a difficult task. When it comes to organizing your home office, there’s a lot to consider. Some people only require a paper-thin laptop, while others are drowning in paper and will be grateful for integrated storage in the form of drawers and shelves. Let’s have a look at what all you can consider while choosing the type of home office desk.
TOP 10 HOME OFFICE DESKS
Buyers’ Guide: Types Of Home Office Desks
1) Writing desk
Writing desks look great against a wall or in the center of a home office floor. These are open, minimalist workstations with little storage and a tremendous work surface. The simple, conservative design works well in almost any setting.
2) Computer desk
Computer desks are the most practical and functional of all home office desks in a modern home office setup. This is built for efficiency and simplicity, with a keyboard tray and a huge storage area for the CPU being the essential features.
3) Executive desk
These carved wood specimens impart a feeling of grandeur and timeless appeal that stands apart from other types, with plenty of drawer storage and surface area.
4) Corner Desk
In their most basic form, corner desks can be a space-saving solution to space issues, or they can be a comprehensive suite of surface area in their most ornate forms.
5) Floating Desk (a.k.a. Wall-Mounted Desks)
These desks are highly beneficial for limited space because they are often installed with shelves and cubbies, taking advantage of the vertical frame.
TOP 10 HOME OFFICE DESKS
- Table dimensions – 120 x 60 x 76 cm (LxWxH)
- Colour – Rustic brown
- Load-bearing – 150 kg
- Warranty – Warranty for ten days limited to replacement of damaged product or manufacturing defects
- Special features – Multifunctional use (as study table, computer desk, home office desk, writing table), rubber feet, mesh at the back
- Material – Engineered oak wood and CRC metal legs
The Tekavo – Industrial/Office Computer Desk, made of sturdy oak wood and powder-coated CRC metal, ensures sturdiness and stability. The natural wood grain color makes an industrial office desk.
- Table dimensions – 89.9 x 39.9 x 110 cm (LxWxH)
- Colour – Mocha walnut
- Load-bearing – 200 kg
- 3-Years domestic warranty on manufacturing defects
- Special features – 3-large box shelves, dustproof, scratch-resistant, water-resistant, fungus-free, termite-proof
- Table material – European grade engineered wood of 18mm
The Mavis Office Laptop Table is a high-quality office table constructed of European-grade engineered oak that will enhance the look of your workspace. It’s a rigid device with 18 MM thick panels that can withstand a lot of weight.
- Size – 120 x 60 x 135.5
- Colour – Brown
- Load-bearing – 250 kg
- Unique Features – Warranty of 10 days limited to replacement of damaged product/manufacturing defects
- Matte wood finish, baffle office desk style, adjustable leg pads, and rubber foot
- Material – Engineered wood + CRC metal frame structure
The top shelf of this desk serves as a bookcase, and the desktop provides a surprising amount of room. The baffle design on the bottom cabinet saves space on the floor and prevents anything from falling. The powder-coated CRC metal structure provides improved strength and stability to this office desk. At the same time, the top particle wood material gives it a high-quality finish.
- Size – 147 x 112 x 75
- Colour – Dark wood
- Load-bearing – 400 kg
- The warranty period of ten days is restricted to the replacement of a damaged product or the correction of manufacturing flaws
- Unique Features – This sturdy table is composed of particleboard, which is non-toxic, eco-friendly, and non-deformable, and it fulfils or exceeds all safety criteria
- Made of engineered wood with a CRC metal frame construction
The Tekavo reversible L-shaped corner desk consists of two rectangular desktops large enough for placing lamps, books, magazines, laptops, and other items is another fantastic office desk. It is composed of an 18 mm thick particleboard, making it solid and robust.
TBring home the new EBansal Solid Wood Business Desk for a beautiful appeal in your house or office. This item has an easy DIY (Do It Yourself) installation module as well as enough room to arrange all of your possessions neatly. Sheesham, one of the most excellent grade woods, is utilized to make this office table.
- Table Dimension – 120 x 40 x 120 cm
- Color – Wotan oak and white
- Load-bearing – 250 kg
- 10-day warranty on manufacturing defects only
- Unique features – 9 storage compartments, superior materials, and a rounded front edge
- Primary Material of the table top – Engineered wood + particleboard with lamination
The DeckUp Plank Versa office and study desk are the most significant in India in this price range, from design and aesthetic to comfort. This product is very stylish and will bring beauty to your desk because of its finishing in matte wood grain.
This desk has a flexible design that allows users to utilize it as a computer and laptop table, a reading table, or a writing desk. It has a sturdy construction and clever design that will revitalize your interiors with its comfortable style and ample storage stations for various things.
- Table dimension – 120 x 60 x 75 cm
- Table color – Beech Table Top with Dark Grey Shelf
- Load-bearing – 150 kg
- 1-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects
- Unique Features – 3 open storage units and one shelf storage, very thin engineered wood, rounded edges
- Material – Natural beech solid wood with a clear-Rubio mono coat
Apart from its unusual office desk style, this product has a 4ft x 2ft work area with 3 open storage units and 1-shelf storage. This office desk is exceptionally slim, with only an 18 mm laminated tabletop. It has round edges on all sides to prevent accidents, and the structure is sturdy with enough legroom.
The DeckUp Siena engineered wood study desk has a natural wood grain design and a dark wenge hue, as well as a scratch- and water-resistant body. This graceful-looking study desk will undoubtedly become the main point of your house or workplace!
Aprodz Duane L-shaped office desk is composed of engineered wood, making it scratch and friction-resistant. It also has a 12-month warranty against manufacturer defects.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When buying a desk, what should I check for?
When purchasing a desk for your house, there are numerous factors to consider. The first consideration is your usage and computer configuration, as this will assist you in calculating the size you require. Then you must consider your available space. Is your desk going to be against the wall or in the centre of the room? Then there are the optional features. Are you looking for a sit-stand desk, drawers, printers, shelving, or other storage options? Finally, choose a desk that complements your style and the style of your home or office.
2) What is the ideal size of an office desk?
The best-sized office desk will meet your needs and space. A large size basic desk, measuring 30×60 inches, will accommodate most needs, including dual monitors. A smaller desk will suffice if you have a more basic setup.
3) How much does a home office desk cost?
Generally, office desks cost between INR 6000 – 15000. This price range is because of different features, sizes, quality, or designs.
4) What are the most prevalent types of desks?
Household desks are usually rectangular in design, with four robust legs to support the weight of the standing desks.
5) What is the home office desk usually made of?
The office desk is where most of your interactions with the furniture will take place. The material determines how the desk looks and feels when used, whether it conceals storage below or serves as a plain tabletop.