Buying kitchen chimneys is an important decision when you are planning to renovate your kitchen. There are different types of chimneys available in the Indian market. Fumes and gases leave grime in the kitchen making it dirty. A good exhaust system directs fumes outside the kitchen leaving your kitchen fresh and clean. Kitsch Chimney is an important part of the Indian household due to the style of cooking.
Long exposure to cooking fumes and gases can lead to respiratory problems. Hence it is recommended by the doctors to create a healthy environment by installing good quality chimneys in the kitchen.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys In India
Different Types of Kitchen Chimneys
Wall Mount Chimney
The wall-mounted chimneys in India are very common and mostly bought. These chimneys are mounted on the wall behind the stove. The position of the chimney is just above the stove adjacent to the wall. These chimneys have suction power, which takes in the fumes from the cooking and directs them outside of the house with the help of a duct.
Straight Line Chimneys
Straight Line Chimneys are designed for the household having less chimney space. When a wall mount chimney cannot be installed, straight lines are bought mostly. However, they have strong suction power. The best part about the chimney is the more overhead space for making cooking comfortable.
Auto Clean Chimney
The new-age auto cleaning chimney is the best option when your chimney tends to get dirty frequently. Instead of opening and conventionally cleaning the chimney, the auto-clean features help you to clean the chimney with the heating mechanism. You just need to start the auto clean button and your chimney will be clean automatically.
How to Choose the Best Chimney for your kitchen?
Picking the correct chimney for your kitchen isn’t troublesome in the event that you follow the correct way. The determination of such kitchen machines is critical as they cost huge cash. Thus, follow the 6 stages to locate the ideal chimney that coordinates your requirements.
1. Choose the Type
There are two kinds of models accessible in the market: ducted and ductless. As the name infers, a chimney with a joined channel is known as a ducted chimney.
The ductless chimney recycle the air in the kitchen space. Regarding proficiency, the ducted chimney is superior to ductless.
2. Select the Mounting
In today’s market, there are 3 types of mounting brackets available for kitchen chimneys: wall mount, island mount, and flush mount. Wall mount chimneys types are the most popular and inexpensive.
3. Get the Right Size
At present, you can get 2 sizes for kitchen chimneys- 60 cm and 90 cm. A 60 cm chimney is suitable for a stove with 2 to 4 burners. On the other hand, 90 cm models are good for 3 to 5 burner stoves.
Currently 2 sizes are available for kitchen chimneys: 60 cm and 90 cm, a 60 cm chimneys is suitable for a 2 to 4 burner stove, while the 90 cm chimneys models are good for 3 to 5 burner stoves.
4. Find a Suitable Design
Choose a chimney according to your needs. You can find different designs for a chimney – straight glass, curved glass, angular, pyramidal and box-shaped.
5. Suction Technology and Filtration
Higher suction power is more effective in removing smoke from the kitchen. We recommend choosing a chimney with at least 1000 m3/hr capacity. The energy consumption of a kitchen chimney depends on the power of the motor.
6. Other Essential Features
Apart from the above points, there are some essential features for every chimney. Almost all the brands provide a lighting system with their products. Apart from it, you can find two types of control systems for them. These are touch and gesture control.
Aside from the above, there are a few essential features of every chimney. Almost all brands offer a lighting system with their products. Apart from that, you can find two types of control systems for them. These are touch and gesture controls.
Most high quality kitchen chimneys come with a built-in removable oil collector. It collects the oil residue on the wall of the kitchen chimney to keep it clean. You should choose the best kitchen chimney based on performance, suction power, durability and quality and customer reviews. They are made from high quality materials that are available in the market.
Here we have compiled a list of the top 10 Indian Kitchen Chimneys
- Size: 90 cm (3-5 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Suction Capacity: 1200 m3/hr (For kitchen size >200 sqft & heavy frying/grilling)
- Warranty: 5 years on Motor and 1 year on comprehensive from Date of Purchase
- Type:Curved Glass, Wall Mounted, Auto Clean | Colour: Black
- Control Type: Touch Panel Control | Max noise(dB): 58
Elica is a well-known name in the chimney industry with the best technology and sleek features. The design of the chimney is such that it blends with the kitsch interior and gives looks to the kitchen. It is a must-have accessory for your kitchen, as it is loaded with useful features. The client is energy-efficient and silent when working. The Elica chimney has the standard dimensions that suit every Indian kitsch type. The chimney is designed with an LED panel and touch screen for easy operation.
- Control: 3 Speed motion sensor touch control; Autoclean: Heat Autoclean; Phase: Single-phase
- Size: 90 C (3-5 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Suction capacity: 1200 m3/hr (for kitchen size >200 sqft & heavy frying/grilling)
- Type: curved glass, wall mounted, heat auto clean Colour: Black
- Filterless chimney ensure cleaning through air flow angle instead of a separate filter
- Control type: electronic touch control maximum noise(db): 58
- Warranty: 1 year on product, 5 years on motor
Faber is the most sought after kitchen chimney in India. They are famous as the leading chimney makers in the Indian market. Faber Kitchen Chimney has stronger suction power and reduces the noise and grime from the kitchen. With a suction capacity of 1500m3/hour, you can forget about the gases and fumes while cooking. The chimney will leave your kitchen smelling fresh. Since Indian food has more oil and spices in food, Faber chimneys are powered with three-layer baffle filters making trapping oil and grease efficient.
- Type: Curved glass with Side Wall Mounting, Black Powder Coated & Decorative Finish, Toughened Glass Top, Colour: Black
- Size: 60 cm (2-4 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Suction Capacity: 1250 m3/hr (For kitchen size ≅ 175 sqft, medium & heavy frying/grilling)
- Filter: Stainless Steel Baffle Filter
- Control Type: Touch Control, Motion Sensor, Max noise(dB): 65
- Other features: 2 LED lights, 2 speed settings
- Warranty: Lifetime Warranty (7 years on motor & 2 years on product)
Inalsa gas wall mounted kitchen chimney with the curved glass top. The body of the chimney is coated with a black powder finish for the long life of the kitchen. This compact and sleek looking chimney will change the look of your kitchen. The best part about the chimney design is the hood of the chimney which improves the efficiency of the chimney. Inalsa Chimney helps you cook dust free and keeps grimes out of your kitchen. It has two LED lamps to give you enough light for cooking. The suction power of 1250 m^3/hr makes the airflow in the kitchen smooth and you can do the cooking dust free. It also has an auto-clean feature, which cleans the chimney, and all the oil and grimes are collected in the oil collector.
- Type: Curved Glass, Wall mounted, Auto-Clean
- Chamber Material type : Black finish with curved glass : Colour: Black
- Size: 90 cm(3-5 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Filter Surface Area: 78 x 30 cmsq
- Control Type: Touch | Max noise(dB): 58
- Baffle Filter is suitable for Indian kitchens and requires cleaning every 6 months
- Heat Auto-Clean function with Oil Collector
- Warranty: 1 year on product, 5 years on motor
The auto-clean feature in any chimney is the best part as it gives you the independence of cleaning chimneys at your time and day. The touch panel in the company makes it very easy to use. The suction power of the chimney is sufficient for an Indian household. You can use the auto-clean feature to keep the oil and dust particles away from the chimney and enhance its life. The design of the chimney is excellent with the tempered glass finish. It has a long life with the powdered coating which keeps the chimney shine for long.
5. Hindware Cleo Plus Hac Blk 90 Cm Wall Mounted Chimney For Kitchen, Auto Clean With Motion Sensor Control Black Hood 1200 M3/Hr
- Auto Clean Chimney For Kitchen Size >200 Sqft and Heavy Frying/Grilling
- 60 Cm Chimney For Kitchen Size: 60 Cm (2-4 Burner Stove For Wall Mounted Chimneys) ,
- Filter Type- Baffle Filter, Speed Levels-3, Noise Level- 58 Db,
- In-Built Lights- Yes, Number of Lights-2, Light Type-LED
- Control Panel Type- Touch Control, Motion Sensor, Shape- Curved Glass, Mount Type- Wall Mounted
- Warranty Summary 1 Year Comprehensive And 5 Years Warranty On Motor, Service Type- On-Site
Hindware is the Indian Chimney brand with a Stainless steel body and premium looks. The design of the chimney is elegant and goes well with the Indian kitchens. The chimney has strong suction power best suited for the Indian cooking style. The chimney has a thermal auto-clean feature that melts the deposited oil and grime to the oil collector which you can throw away later. It eliminates smoke and uses reasonable power.
- 60 cm Wall mounted Chimney suitable for 2-4 burner hob or stove
- Suction Capacity: 800CBM (Can be suited to all kitchens)
- Filter Type: 2 Aluminium Mesh Filters with Protective Stainless Steel Cover
- Lighting: Super Illuminating LED Strip Panel
- Control Type: Touch Control with Digital LED Display
Hafele is the German cooktop kitchen chimney for robust cooking and eliminating dirty grime from the kitchen. The elegant cooktop hood keeps the flames out of the kitchen and suction airflows take the fumes outside the kitchen. The unhealthy gases that are produced from the cooking can harm the health and hence it is necessary to choose the best chimney for your kitchen. It has an 800 CBM suction capacity, premium aluminum mesh filters, and extended curved glass.
- DESIGNED FOR INDIAN COOKING WITH 1200m3/hr POWERFUL SUCTION, 90cm WIDE SUCTION CHAMBER, 4 SPEED SETTING, PLASTIC SEALED MOTOR & WALL MOUNTING
- ADVANCED 2 LAYER BAFFLE FILTER SAVES THE HASSLE OF FREQUENT CLEANING
- INTELLIGENT AUTO CLEAN WITH OIL COLLECTOR TRAY
- MOTION SENSOR & FEATHER TOUCH CONTROL WITH ENERGY EFFICIENT LED
- WARRANTY1 YEAR ON PRODUCT AND 6 YEARS ON MOTOR
V-Guard is the modern-day kitchen chimney designed with a curved glass hood and finished aluminum body. The A20 chimney gives a fresh look to your modern kitchen and goes well with the Indian decor. With the 1200 CFM suction power, this kitchen is the best in the range. It has a standard dimension that suits most of the kitchen. You can measure the area of the cooking and install the chimney accordingly. Moreover, the chimney is touch-sensitive and can be switched on with a motion sensor.
- Type: Curved Glass, Wall Mounted | Colour: Black
- Size: 90cm (2-4 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Suction Capacity: 1200 m3/hr (For kitchen size >200 sqft & heavy frying/grilling)
- Heat Auto Clean: No need to clean your chimneys anymore
- Filter: Baffle Filters
- Control Type: Touch Sensor Controls | Max noise(dB): 58
- Warranty: 5 year warranty on Motor and 1 year on product
Glen has been innovating in the production of the Indian kitchen chimney segment. They offer high-quality chimneys at the best rates. The 6063 SS model has the storm suction power of 1200 CBM and is known as the fourth generation of kitchen chimney in the range. The powerful suction creates less noise and smoke while you can prepare the food in peace. It will free your kitchen from unwanted gases and fumes.
- Size: 6 cm (2-4 burner stove for wall mounted chimneys)
- Suction Capacity: 115 m3/hr
- Filter: 2 Baffle Filter, Design: Curved Glass
- Control Type: Push Button
Kaff is a trusted brand in the kitchen chimney range with a heavy-duty baffle filter for a smoke-free cooking experience. This chimney has strong suction power, which centers the booking gums through curved hoods. The design is sleek and elegant and looks perfect in the modern modular kitchen. It completes the look. Aspiring maxi airflow of 1150 CBM suction power sucks the fumes out of the kitchen, making the kitchen healthy and grime free. The chimney is designed and suitable for Indian cooking. There are two LED lights for giving enough light while you make your food in peace.
- Size – 60 cm, wall-mounted cooker hood (Best for 2-4 burner stove)
- Filters – Easy to clean, heavy-duty stainless-steel baffle filter
- Control Panel – Easy to use, push-button controls on the front panel
- Finish – Highly durable, rust-free construction with black powder-coated finish
- Motor – Comes with plastic housing & pure copper winding that ensure longer working life of the motor
- Lights – Dual LED lights to illuminate a larger area
- Warranty – 1 year on product and 5 years on the motor
Sunflame is a well-known name in Indian households when it comes to buying quality and branded kitchen chimneys. The chimney is the best combination of performance, efficiency, and technology. The 1100 m3/ hour suction power has the strength to eliminate the smell from the kitchen within minutes. The body of the chimney is designed with stainless steel so that your chimney remains corrosion-free for years. With the heart of a 190w motor, this chimney produces less noise and works better than other chimneys in the range.
Best Kitchen Chimney Brands in India
There are hundreds of brands in the market. The most reputed chimney brands in India are Elica, Faber and Hindware. They are well-known for satisfying users.
There are hundreds of well-respected chimneys brands in India namely Elica, Faber and Hindware, Inalsa, Eurodomo and Sunflame also have a presence in the market, which are well known for satisfying customers and marking high-quality chimneys.
Elica is the most popular kitchen chimney brand in the market. It is an Indian brand that has the best quality chimney for the kitchen. Elica is a joint venture formed in 2010 and leading the market. Their production unit is located at Pune, Maharashtra.
With technical support from Italy, they have a big range of appliances. Besides, Elica has nearly 15 models of kitchen chimneys in India.
Faber is another reputed brand for a chimney. They started in 1963. Faber has production facilities in India, China, & Turkey. They also have a presence in 13 countries with a large product range. Faber has a long-range of good chimneys with unique features. They also produce Water Purifier, Dishwasher and Microwave Oven.
It is one of the oldest Indian brands that manufactures kitchen chimneys in India. In 1962, Hindware appeared for the first time in the market. At that time they had a production unit in Haryana. They also produce Instant Water Heater, Water Purifier, Room Heaters & Dishwasher.
Inalsa was founded in 1967 under the Taurus Group. They are one of the most popular brands for kitchenware in Europe since 1962. Inasla has one of the largest product ranges for a food processor too. They produce budget-friendly appliances. Also, they have cooking, utility, and personal care appliances. For a kitchen chimney, Inalsa has over 10 models.
Founded in Switzerland, Eurodomo has a presence in more than 35 countries. The brand is best known for its high quality appliances. The sleek design of their products is praised among users. For customer service, there is a toll-free number 1800 267 3484 for the customers.
Sunflame with its presence in the Indian Kitchens for more than three decades has constantly endeavored to give homemakers the latest in technology and making cooking a luxurious and pleasurable experience.
Sunflame’s products promise more efficient working and a hassle-free life. It is this promise, and its utmost fulfilment, that has made Sunflame a trusted and loved household brand in the country making it clearly the clear choice for its customers.
There are hundreds of chimneys for Indian Kitchen in the market. You pick your choice according to your requirements. Although, there are many factors you must consider while buying a chimney for the kitchen. Factors for buying an Indian Kitchen chimney are- the size of the kitchen, area of installation, and type of chimney. They are also available in many variants and price range. Look for the chimney that suits your pocket. Although, it is suggested to pick suitable chimneys in the high-quality brands only for safer and healthier cooking.