The television commonly known as idiot box has seen a tremendous growth in its display, features, user interface and technology. From black and white televisions, colour televisions, LCD, LED, to QLED- the TV has come a long way indeed. A few years ago the people who were probably against television because of its ill effects have now started acknowledging it as a medium of infotainment along with entertainment.
The latest television models have become smart appliances with their exquisite features of smart sharing, smart display and smart connectivity which enable the users personalising their experience with the “not-any-more-idiot box”.
The LED TV from Samsung: “Samsung 102cm Full HD Smart LED TV (40J5300, 2x HDMI, 2x USB)” has received mixed reviews from its customers.
- Smart browser: Connect via the built-in Wi-Fi of the TV and explore the world with a single click.
- Smart Share: Easy connection with mobile and USB storage wirelessly. Simply pairing the phones with Wi-Fi Direct will enable sharing media both ways.
- Screen mirroring: the mobile content is easily mirrored on the TV screens.
- Replay: On a single push of a button, your favourite moments will be captured. You can replay them as and when you wish.
- Durability: Equipped with block capacitors which enable absorbing lightning that strikes at 15KV. Coating of Silica Gel and anti-humidity gel on each chipset to protect the TV from moisture. 750V of high fluctuations can be tolerated by varistor blocks and capacitors.
- Vibrant Colours: Wide Colour Enhancer uncovers hidden details.
- Watch movies from USB: With ConnectShare Movie, simply plug your USB memory drive or HDD into TV.
- Wireless Internet: With Wireless LAN Built-in, streamline your TV’s connectivity capabilities without external accessories.
Based on the customer reviews we bring you a list of pros and cons of this instalment.
- Awesome Clarity.
- Affordable Price.
- Wider, 16:9 ratio.
- Easy screen mirroring.
- Decent sound.
- Slim and attractive.
- USB and HDMI work faster.
- Optical out to 5.1 Home Theater is made easy.
- Not very smart.
- GUI animations are not very smooth.
- Wi-Fi Direct seems to be connecting but not working.
- No Android games, only Java games.
- Mobile Remote apps won’t work with this TV.
- Smart Hub looks very cheap.
- Apps tabs are only for Smart Hub.
- Miracast enabled smart gadgets can be able to screen mirror, and Android removed Miracast.
As per the Flipkart listing, the Samsung 102cm Full HD Smart LED TV has managed to get an overall rating of 4.4 stars by customers.
(Editor’s Note: The images used in the blog are copyright of their respective owners. It is for representation purpose only.)