Today, buying a laptop can be quite a task owing to the sheer variety of options you have in the market. For instance, when scouting for a model you may find an HP laptop with a detachable screen, or an Asus laptop with more than one screen. Thankfully, you can streamline your search from the get-go. Depending on the end use, be it gaming or work, you can handpick the right laptop.
To help you do so, here is a guide that gives you an overview of how to choose the best laptop for gaming and business use.
What to look for in a gaming laptop?
- Display: Larger screens facilitate immersive viewing and so, you should settle for nothing less than a 15-inch or a 17-inch model. Similarly, in terms of resolution, it’s best that you go for something in the 1080p–1440p range. Faster refresh rates make for smoother gaming and here, you must look for base refresh rates of 120Hz, 144Hz or higher.
- Performance: AAA title games demand enormous resources and whether you pick an Asus or HP laptop, you want to score well in all three areas: CPU, GPU and RAM. Current generation i7 or i9 processors or AMD equivalents work well and in terms of RAM, look for something in the 8GB–16GB range. The GPU housed is of vital importance to gamers too, and depending on whether you’re an amateur or a pro, you should be aiming for the NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or the RTX 2070/80.
- Storage: For a new laptop, SSD is a must as the technology ensures speedier game load times and eliminates instances where the gamer is a step ahead of the computer. Depending on the games you intend to play, look for a 256GB, 512GB or 1TB drive. Further, when it comes to speed, PCle SSDs with NVMe protocols rank higher than SSD on SATA 2 or 3.
Considering these factors, the Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502 makes for a good pick.
This Asus laptop is definitely the one to consider as it powers operations through an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H processor and has a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU with 6GB VRAM. It houses two NVMe PCle 512GB modules and has a non-glare FHD 1080p display with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It offers you a backlit keyboard and for all the features it comes packed with, it weighs just 2.2kg.
What to look for in a professional laptop?
- Dimensions and design: For business use, portability and versatility are important characteristics and if you’re someone who’s constantly on the go, you may prefer a 13- or 14-inch HP or Asus laptop to a standard 15.6-inch system. Dimensions also affect weight and so, it’s best to choose carefully. If you require flexibility, a hybrid 2-in-1 model will allow you to do away with your keyboard, should you prefer using your device as a tablet. Similarly, a rotating panel will allow you to use the laptop in different modes.
- Performance and battery: While you may not be as picky with the GPU as a gamer would, CPU and RAM are still things to consider. Intel i5 processors suffice for office use and i7 and i9 processors support more intensive tasks. In terms of RAM, an 8GB module will allow you to tackle all tasks seamlessly. Battery too is of importance, especially if you travel, as you will need ample power and fast charging capabilities.
- Input and interfacing options: Having a good keyboard with easily accessible functions is a must. Laptops today come with touchscreen features and these can greatly enhance your everyday use. In terms of interfacing, ensure that you have ample USB ports, and of the correct type, an HDMI port and the latest Wi-Fi connectivity options.
An example of a power-packed business laptop is the ZBook Studio x360 G5 Convertible Workstation. This HP laptop offers you an Intel core i7 processor, a 1TB PCle NVMe SSD, 16GB RAM, 4GB graphics card and is loaded with Windows 10 Pro. It has a touchscreen panel and you can rotate it 360 degrees for convenient usage. It houses a full-size keyboard and supports NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and offers an HDMI and multiple USB-C ports. This HP laptop prides itself on keeping security, collaboration and business use in mind.
Can you get the best of both in one laptop?
Buying both, an Asus laptop for gaming and an HP laptop for work is not an option for most. Hence, if you’re looking for a new laptop that caters to both, it’s best that you pick one that has the ability to multitask. One such laptop is the HP Envy.
HP ENVY – 13-aq1019tx
This HP laptop comes with a 10th generation Intel i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 512GB PCle NVMe M.2 SSD. Its 13.3-inch screen has a resolution of 1080p and despite the smaller dimensions it houses a full-sized keyboard, island style. It is powered by a 53Wh Li-Ion polymer battery, is loaded with Windows 10 Home and supports touchscreen and Alexa.
Once you pick the HP or Asus laptop that you feel is right for you, bring it home easily by shopping from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network. By using the EMI Network Card to power your purchases you get access to financing of up to Rs. 4 lakh and can split the cost of the laptop over a maximum of 2 years. Here your expenses do not exceed the device’s purchase price, courtesy of No Cost EMIs.
So, make use of these guidelines to zero-in on the best HP or Asus laptop and check your pre-approved offer from Bajaj Finserv to expedite your purchase.