India just had witnessed the clashes of e-commerce firms at the 5-days online festive sales season that concluded on October 6. And the verdict of the battle has just released by several reports. Among these three e-commerce firms, Flipkart has managed to take a lead ahead of its rivals by reporting a total sale of 15.5 million units during its Big Billion Day Sale compared to the 15 million sales by Amazon India and 11 million sales by Snapdeal.
The combined sales of the three major e-commerce firms total at around Rs 6,500 crore.
Flipkart has mentioned in an emailed response that the company has sold around 15.5 million units within its 5-day sale module. Moreover, the company added that this year has witnessed a 70 percent of growth as compared to the last year’s festive sale. The aforementioned numbers include the sales happened on Flipkart, Myntra, and Jabong during the festive sale.
Here are all the facts and figures you need to know about the performance of three e-commerce entities-
- Flipkart has crossed the internal targets by 40 percent in its five days Big Billion Day Sale.
- 1 Lakh customers have purchased items above Rs 50,000.
- Flipkart sold around 2.5 million smartphones during its festive sale which is over the amount of smartphones sold in a week in India.
- Flipkart sales on October 3 had crossed the Rs 1400 crore mark which is highest in history.
- Flipkart alongside the Myntra sold over 2.25 million units withing the first 12 hours of the sale.
- Amazon India has sold over 15 million units in 5 days period during its Great Indian Festival, the numbers are 3 times bigger than last year.
- Amazon’s Prime membership has surfaced as the largest selling product.
- Amazon has claimed to hit a 1.5 million unit’s sale in the first 12 hours of the sale.
- 80 percent traffic on Amazon India was generated from mobile
- Snapdeal stated that it sold over 11 million units within its 5-day festive sale- Unbox Diwali Sale
- Out of the total orders, 50 percent orders were prepaid orders.
- Snapdeal stated that the company sold 1.67 million units during the first 16 hours of its sale.
- The company has witnessed 4x increase of customers from the past year’s sale.
- Fashion, electronics, and home products were the top-selling product categories during the sale.