Refrigerator is one such home appliance that we use throughout the year. However, it is especially during the summer months that we realize the actual importance of this amazing home and kitchen appliance. It is not every day that we go out to buy a refrigerator. A refrigerator is a long-time investment which easily lasts for years at a go. However, it is this long-lasting lifespan which makes it important to pick the right model. The one main thing that we all consider before buying a refrigerator is the type. With so many different types of refrigerators available in the market, making the right choice can get pretty challenging.
Right from single door refrigerators to French door refrigerators, you have a lot of styles to choose from. People end up buying side-by-side refrigerators even when they don’t have enough space to store it. Likewise, people with large families end up buying a smaller fridge without thinking much of it. To make things simpler and easier for you and to avoid making such mistakes, here’s a look at the different types of refrigerators available in the market and which one perfectly suits your needs. Before we take a look at the different types of refrigerators, remember that it is always better to choose from five star rating refrigerators. They are energy efficient and do not consume a lot of power.
Single door refrigerators are the most basic and common types of refrigerators. Like the name already says, these refrigerators come with a single door. If you are looking for something basic and economical, then single door refrigerators are the best pick. Under this category, it is easy to find refrigerators below 10000 in India. On the inside, the refrigerator will include a freezer, few compartments and a vegetable basket. Here are some of the advantages and reasons to opt for a single door refrigerator:
- They are extremely energy efficient and don’t consume a lot of power. This ensures low electricity bills.
- These refrigerators are super affordable and will easily come under your budget margin.
- They are compact and are mostly designed for small families with 2-3 members.
- They are small in size and take up very little space, so you will not have to worry about the fridge overcrowding your kitchen.
In India, the most commonly preferred refrigerators are double door refrigerators or top freezer refrigerators. These types of refrigerators come with two doors on the front. The door on the bottom is dedicated to the fridge compartments and the door on the top is dedicated for the freezer. Having two separate doors for the fridge and the freezer ensures that heat does not enter the fridge. For storage, these refrigerators come with spacious freezers, adjustable shelf racks, multiple door baskets and a vegetable box. Here are the benefits and reasons to choose a double door refrigerator:
- These refrigerators are pretty affordable and come with bigger shelves for storing bigger bottles and containers.
- A separate freezer for storing frozen foods.
- Are mainly designed for families with 4-5 members.
Bottom-Mount Freezer Refrigerators
These refrigerators are quite similar to double door refrigerators. The only difference between the two is the placement of the fridge and the freezer. These refrigerators come with the freezer on the bottom and the fridge compartment on the top. Bottom-mount refrigerators are pricier than top-mounted refrigerators. Apart from that, both these refrigerators offer similar functionality and features. Here are the reasons to pick a bottom-mount refrigerator:
- The fridge is more accessible. With the freezer on the bottom and the fridge on top, you will be able to avoid hunching over again and again to grab something from the fridge.
- Drawer-style freezer is more convenient and easy to access.
- Are perfect for a family of 4-5 members.
- These refrigerators are slightly bigger than top-mounted refrigerators.
Next on the list are triple door refrigerators. A triple door refrigerator does not necessarily mean that it is bigger than a double door refrigerator. Triple door refrigerators come with multiple compartments which makes them more comfortable to use. Even in this type, the freezer is located on the top and the vegetable drawer on the bottom. Apart from organizing your refrigerator in the best way, these types of refrigerators are also amazingly designed. Here’s why you should get one:
- You get lots of storage space in these refrigerators.
- With a separate pull-out vegetable box, it becomes easier to store fruits and vegetables.
- It is convenient for families with more than 5 members.
The best and probably easiest way to describe side-by-side door refrigerators is that they come 2 doors side by side similar to a cupboard. One door is solely dedicated for the fridge while the other door is for the freezer section. They are currently the top trending refrigerators in India. Moreover, most refrigerators under this type come with the water and ice dispenser inside. This will let you fill water or collect ice without opening the refrigerator at all. Here are the reasons to pick a side-by-side refrigerator:
- The best part about these refrigerators is that they have a huge storage space and perfect for large families.
- With a water dispenser on the outside, you do not have to open the fridge for ice cold water.
- These refrigerators offer a lot of storage space but also occupy more room.
- They are aesthetic and add a style element to your kitchen.
French Door Refrigerators
The last on our list of different types of refrigerators is French door refrigerators. These refrigerators are not so different when compared to side-by-side refrigerators. What makes them stand apart is the design. French door refrigerators come with two side-by-side doors and the freezer on the bottom. If you have plenty of kitchen space, then French door refrigerators are an ideal choice for you. Here are some reasons why you should pick a French door fridge:
- Having the freezer on the bottom is pretty convenient, as bending every now and again to take fruits or vegetables will become a task.
- It is the ideal choice for people living in large families.
- These are easily refrigerators above 30000, but come packed with amazing features.
- They are energy efficient and do not consume a lot of power.
- These refrigerators come with an additional chill drawer placed between the freezer and fridge section. It is specially designed to store items (fish &deli meat) that need to be colder than the ones in the fridge and less than items stored in the freezer.