Imagine taking a break from a hectic work schedule and staying at home to watch something your favorite movie?! It’s all about those moments of solace at home that a projector gives. Be it alone or with a family, opening up a treasure of old memories on projectors has only made you happy. Well, it’s not only about home happiness, projectors have proven to be the most useful man-made discovery in schools, institutions, or offices. There are so many consumer products on the market today that choosing a projector is easy with the right information. It’s now the era of digitization, so we will be talking about digital projectors in this blog.
Projectors are a popular, quick, and convenient way to show presentations, meetings, and videos. With so many options available on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is the best for you. To help guide you in your search for the perfect projector, it is important to familiarize yourself with these prerequisites:
- Width of the screen size
- Throw distance is the distance between screen and the projector
- Ambient light present in the room for the projector to display
List of Top 15 Portable Projectors
- Bigger image size
- Better portability
- Flexible installation
- Eye Comfort with less eye-straining due to reflected light
- Excellent cost-benefit ratio
- Compact size
- Customizable screen size
- Display on any surface
- Cost Lower than a TV
- Theater-like experience
- Easy Storage when not in use
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor viewing
Categories of Digital Projectors
Multimedia projectors constitute the most important and largest category and are the most extensive. Multimedia projectors are a one-stop shop solution for display needs – from creating PowerPoint presentations to projecting videos and slideshows at churches or weddings. They’re commonly taken into consideration for their portability and weight begins from three pounds for the ultra-slim models. The range of their brightness is from 2500 to 4500 lumens. They usually have zoom lenses but the zoom range is generally shorter than that in their domestic theater counterparts: 1.2x to at least one.5x (in comparison to 2x within the home theater realm). This means unique care needs to be taken while choosing, to ensure the display size is compatible with the projector’s throw ratio. Multimedia projectors provide a number of inputs. VGA continues to be the staple however virtual inputs consisting of HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and even SDI are available. Other additional features are user-friendly, WiFi functionality, and display capability without a PC.
2) Pocket also called “pico”
One of the best features of pocket projectors is its miniature size not larger than a smartphone, and its ease in transporting. They offer high-quality screening as compared to a computer or small TV. On account that they usually use LED lamps to avoid high power intake and bulky cooling systems, what they provide you with in portability is a compromise in photograph size. Brightness might be mentioned in element underneath, however, for the sake of evaluation; these projectors usually range from 25 to 1500 ANSI lumens, whereas first-rate multimedia projectors begin at 2500 lumens. Additionally, they tend to lack optical zoom, which means you will need to be bendy along with your projector placement to acquire the preferred photo size.
3) Home theater
Home theater projectors run on low brightness—say 1800 lumens average—and offer maximum zoom any projector has ever offered with built-in lenses. These projectors have their own low voltage control (LVC). So when you turn the projector on and off, you can move the screen up and down, or open and close the screen if the curtain is obscuring a hard, fast-moving object. To gain the quietest possible operation, they have got extra green—or extra intricate—cooling systems, making them exceedingly bulky making it difficult to install in an inverted position. They may be also the best type of projector for eye comfort. Most of these are full HD and a handful are 4K (authentic DCI 4096 x 2160 4K, in fact). In case you need a larger picture, can block out all ambient light, and operate it using a screen length of up to one hundred inches or so.
4) Larger venue projectors and fixed installation projectors (a subset of multimedia)
With a brightness ranging from 4500 to 20,000 lumens, these projectors are the brightest type on the market. Their best feature is that they have interchangeable-lens systems, making them the maximum adaptable in terms of throw distance. They may be commonly used in lecture halls, movie theaters, houses of worship, stadiums, and other comparable settings that require screening for large agencies. In addition to huge display sizes, they may be used in settings where ambient mild can’t be managed. It offers other additional feature benefits like “stacking,” which means the output from one or more projectors can be combined and aggregated to grow the brightness beyond what a single projector can manage. Instead, “edge blending”—the projection equivalent of a video wall—may be used to increase the resolution or create custom factor ratios for larger views.
Top 15 Portable Projectors
- Resolution:Full HD 1080p
- Maximum Operating Distance:10 Feet
- Weight:2 Kilograms
- Colour brightness of 3000 lumens
- Displays 180 inches images on screens
- Equipped with multiple ports
- Full HD resolution (2,000:1 contrast ratio)
- Wireless screen mirroring
- Built-in stereo speaker
The Egate K9 Projector is a multipurpose high-end smart projector powered by Android, ideal for homeschooling and entertainment. Its primary black colour combines intelligent features, ideal for tiny workplaces and conference spaces. If you can slightly increase your budget, this high-quality projector can provide you with a slew of capabilities that a low-budget projector could overlook.
- Linux-based operating system with Full HD quality -Long lamp life of 30,000 hours or more-Perfect for personal use, education, and small to medium-sized offices
- Built-in Wi-Fi with pre-installed YouTube and Netflix
- It works with Bluetooth speakers
- It comes with a simple focus mechanism and a keystone correction of 40 degrees
- Installation is hassle-free and straightforward, with a one-year warranty and 1GB of RAM to back it up
- Slightly heavier
- Not appropriate for large offices
- Unsatisfactory customer service
- Resolution:1920 * 1080 pixels
- Maximum Operating Distance: 10 feet
- Weight:8 kg
- Full HD Resolution 1080p
- Extra Boost Speakers
- Digital Lens Shift
- faultless alignment calculation
- It may also be readily connected to various devices, including gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox), laptops, desktops, mobile phones, streaming devices, and sticks
- The lamp has a long shelf life, making it an excellent choice for long periods of use
BenQ is known for producing high-quality computer peripherals. The BenQ RH585 Full HD DLP Projector is excellent for classrooms, boardrooms, auditoriums, and professional and home use. The 3500-lumen bulb, combined with full HD resolution, makes this a fantastic starter kit for any projector. The projector’s minimal lag input-output makes it an excellent choice for all types of business presentations and live seminars. The simple installation, the 1.1x zoom for closer distances, the digital shift of the lens and automated adjustability are all excellent characteristics.
- This projector is ideal for gaming, home use, movie screening, and entertainment
- The light boasts a brightness of 3500 lumens and the greatest lens technology
- It is compatible with the Firestick and does not require the use of any other devices
- Overuse of this projector will almost certainly result in heating concerns
- This is one of the most expensive projectors ever made, but others are more affordable
- The input lag is relatively low, which makes live streaming less annoying
- Resolution:1024 * 768
- Maximum Operating Distance:21 feet
- Weight: 2.4 kg
- Low-Noise, Bright Lamp
- Easy Compatibility with all devices
- This projector is built to last, with a light life of up to 12,000 hours when used in ECO mode
- The ultra-bright, 3,300-lumen projector uses superior 3LCD technology to offer rich, true-to-life images
You can easily get outstanding classroom projection at an inexpensive price point with the Epson EB-E01 XGA Projector. This one has a wall-mount option, ideal for classroom use. You can use the same device in your office and at home for gaming and movie streaming.
With HDMI connectivity and beautiful speakers that add value to presentations, the EB-E01 is designed specifically for educational contexts, boosts participation, and enriches lesson planning. Most users consider it a complete projector because of its ease of installation and placement versatility, which allows for easy projection from any location in the classroom. It was also declared as the best projector of all time thanks to user ratings, and it is expected to remain there.
- This is one of the most excellent projectors available, with a 3300-lumen lamp
- This projector is long-lasting, with a lifespan of about 18 years
- It does not require any batteries and is entirely powered by electricity
- The bright light eliminates the need for a screen, making it excellent for home and workplace use
- It needs a safe installation location due to heating up
- It’s an expensive projector, and other projectors are more affordable
- Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels
- Maximum Operating Distance:16 feet
- Weight:9 kg
- Compatible with all kinds of devices
- Brighter Display (2600 Lumens)
- Due to its maximum operating distance of 16 feet, this projector’s display is HD-ready and capable of 150 inches of screen length
- The lamp is bright with 2,600 lumens, and there is close to 30,000 hours of lamp life
If you’re searching for a projector in this price range, this is the one to get. With 2600 lumens, 270 ANSI lumens and a 1500:1 contrast ratio, this projector are suitable for office and recreational use. The built-in speakers can produce volume in a closed environment, and however, they may not perform effectively in an open setting. The projector’s lamp life is one of its most important USPs, with an average of 30000 hours.
- Because the maximum operating distance is 16 feet, you can enjoy a screen as large as 150 inches
- It can work with a wide range of gaming consoles, laptops, and other devices
- It’s one of the smallest projectors on the market, making it ideal for use in the office
- The built-in sound speakers could have been louder and more potent than 3W
- Although it supports 1080p, the projector’s resolution can be much higher
- Projection Distance: 1.4 m
- Weight: 2 kilograms
- Colour brightness of 3,000 lumens
- Ceiling/Wall mountable
- Provides a screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Long lamp life of 30,000+ hours
- Displays images on screens as big as 200 inches
The Borsso HD Wi-Fi LED HD Projector has a brightness of 3,000 Lumens, making it perfect for use in homes, small offices, and classrooms. This projector is intelligent and portable, and it creates realistic images. It also has a manual keystone adjustment mechanism, LED projection technology, and fast networking to ensure that your movie nights and official presentations go out without a hitch.
- Wi-Fi enabled
- There will be no overheating.
- Connection ports in multiple locations
- Mountable on the ceiling or the wall
- Projection is bright and clear
- Quick access to the internet
- Not compatible with Android
- There are no manual keystone correction options
- The quality of material used could have been better
- Weight: 3 kilograms
- Colour brightness of 7,100 lumens
- Displays images on screens of 50-250 inches
- Full HD resolution (1,00,000:1 contrast ratio)
- Laser projection technology
With its high-quality visuals, quick connectivity, and simple operation, this laser projector improves your production productivity and cinematic experience. It’s a high-end projector that’ll give you an experience that’ll blow your mind. This laser projector is one of the best and most affordable on our list, and it’s ideal for residential, business, and educational use.
- The light has a 50,000-hour lifespan
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and HDMI are all supported
- Easy to use, cost-effective, and wall/ceiling/tripod mountable
- It can be used for both personal and professional purposes
- Resolution: Full HD 1080p
- Hardware Interface: USB, HDMI
- Mounting Type: Table Mount
- Brightness: 5000 Lumen
- Colour brightness of 5,000 lumens
- Displays images on screens of 150 inches
- Full HD resolution (3,000:1 contrast ratio)
- Features advanced laser display (ALPD) technology
We frequently complain about how difficult it is to discern critical details in a movie theatre because dark images are not shown effectively. The inherent contrast of the Mi Laser Projector is 3000:1, which is significantly higher than the cinematic standard of 2000:1. It also has a 1920*1080 resolution and HDR capability, so details are visible even in low light. The Mi laser projector is sleek and attractive, providing a cinema-quality AV experience at home. This projector has an ultra-short focal lens and excellent sound quality, and vibrant and bright colours.
- It contains a 16 GB ROM and 2 GB RAM
- Keystone correction is simple, and wireless support is available
- Supports DOLBY atmos and produces high-quality images
- The lamp has a 25,000-hour lifespan
- Colour brightness of 2,000 lumens
- Wireless screen share for mobile & PC
- Bluetooth sound out for the wireless sound system
- Displays images on screens of 120 inches
- Laser projection technology
- Contrast Ratio: 150,000:1
- Mounting Type: Tabletop
- Resolution: Full HD 1080p
The LG HF80LG full HD projector is an excellent solution for those seeking a cost-effective laser projector. With a 120-inch display in amazing Full HD 1080p resolution, the projector will provide you with a dramatic viewing experience. Its Bluetooth-enabled sound system allows you to connect it to portable speakers, audio speakers, or headphones, depending on your preferences. The projector has a crisp picture quality, a lot of brightness, and a lot of resolution. Furthermore, its automatic vertical keystone allows anyone to establish screen configurations effortlessly, while its four-corner keystone assists in quickly and precisely fixing crooked screens to the left or right. Most notably, the projector’s LEDs have a 20,000-hour lifespan.
- High contrast ratio
- Striking visuals
- Portable design
- USB plug and play
- Easily wired mirroring with various iOS/smart Android devices; 20,000 hours of usage
- Allows stream sound wirelessly using Bluetooth technology
- No smart features
- Low 2,000 lumens colour brightness
- Has a WVGA (854x480p) resolution and 1080p capability measures only 4×4 inches and provides convenient entertainment in almost any location
- HDMI and USB connectivity
- Plugin and play videos from computers, tablets, mobile phones, media players and dongles, and more.
- The smart stand allows for easy positioning in a range of positions and angles, as well as serving as a lens cover.
Value in this digital age is defined by innovation and transcendence. By inventing revolutionary devices, ViewSonic enables consumers to recognize this value and see the difference. ViewSonic works hard to ensure that customers all around the world associate the brand with the qualities that best define them: outstanding quality, gorgeous, brilliant colours, and inviting warmth and friendliness. This portable projector is lightweight and has a miniature size, making it easy to pack and carry in your bag, back pocket, or the palm of your hand. Wherever you go, you may enjoy multimedia entertainment.
- Comes with JBL Speaker and HDMI wire
- Built-in battery with power bank compatibility
- Swappable projector panels are included, letting you change the colour of the projector to match your style or your mood. Choose from grey, yellow, or teal
- Portable pocket-fit
- Not compatible with Apple devices
- Doesn’t have a 3.5mm auxiliary output for sound or Bluetooth to connect external audio
- Doesn’t work well in daylight
- 1920x1080P resolution and US standard 570ANSI Lumens
- Supports up to 200″ display
- W2 Pro boosts 5000:1 contrast ratio
- It’s the first 1080P projector from an Indian brand to use the official Google Android 9.0 system, making it the first 1080P projector from an Indian brand to use the official Google ATV.
- Features a 45° 4D (vertical and horizontal) keystone correction mechanism, ensuring that the projected image is always a conventional rectangle.
- 50000+ Hours Lamp Life
- 1-year warranty
WZATCO is a company that specialises in the R&D and the production of Smart LED projectors and laser TVs. It was founded in 2017. They have over 1 million users and have launched 30+ bestseller projectors. They offer nationwide assistance to ensure complete peace of mind and worry-free pick-up and drop-off. The WZATCO M6 portable projector is fitted with the most up-to-date LCD brightness LED bulb, resulting in a clear image on the screen with powerful, rich colours. Getting up and watching cartoons with the kids is a great way to start the day. In the morning, make stunning presentations while working from home, and in the afternoon, learn Grandma’s favourite recipe. Enjoy a family-friendly evening of entertainment. M6 serves as a loyal buddy in all situations. With the WZATCO M6, you can have your own private cinema with superb sound and a spectacular Big Screen, as well as the convenience of being able to take it with you wherever you go.
- Wirelessly connect to your phone and can be used as a bluetooth speaker
- New Advanced Brightening Technology with LCD brightness and LED lamp for clear to strong vibrant colours
- KEYSTONE CORRECTION for crystal clear images
- Equipped with HDMI ports, USB ports, 3.5mm port to connect with TV Box, Amazon Fire Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, laptop, tablet, external speakers, Xbox, DVD player, USB stick, media players, etc.
- Android 8.0 / Quad Core / 1 GB / 8GB ROM / Wifi / BT 4.0 / Wireless Screen Mirroring from Android & iOS devices
- 4D Digital Keystone
- 3500 Lumen
- 30000 Hours Lamp Life
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
Borsso is a renowned DLP projector maker for business, education, home theatre, and entertainment. They have projectors ranging from pocket LEDs to high-brightness projectors for K-12 and higher education classrooms, conference rooms, and auditoriums. They sell some of the most popular home theatre and entertainment projectors on the market. Get a theatre-like experience at home with this projector. Connect it to fire tv and Alexa, you are good to go.
- Android LED Projector
- Bluetooth and WiFi Inbuilt
- Electric Zoom
- Use for Home, Small Office, Small Classroom
- No bad reviews from customers
- With a 1280×720 Pixel (1080P Support), projector is equipped with 3800 lumen LED
- Multiple port options: (2xHDMI/VGA/AV/2xUSB)
- Lamp Life: Maximum of 60000 hours
- Screen Size: 180 inches
- Has inbuilt speaker
- Comes with a reduced-noise fan which can lower the noise by half
“XElectron” is a trademark of Xelectron Technologies Pvt Ltd that is protected by the Government of India’s Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks. This Indian firm has a ten-year track record of producing unique products. The 3800 lumen LED light in the XElectron C9 portable projector is impressive. This guarantees that the image on the screen is clearly presented with brilliant colors. It can also be utilized for presentations in the office, providing a higher-quality display.
- Advanced Brightening Technology
- Multimedia Projector
- Has multiple digital connection port options
- Ceiling and Tripod Mount
- Low Noise and Long Lamp lif
- Picture quality reduces after 3800 lumens
- No Android or Bluetooth support
- 1920X1080 Full HD Resolution
- Brightness: 3000 Lumens
- Screen Size: 150″ Wide
- Multimedia Connectivity: Set Top Box Connectivity | Amazon Fire TV Stick Compatible
- Port Options: 2 HDMI / USB / VGA / SD Card / AV In / Audio Out
- In-built Speaker
Bossprojector, established in Delhi, is a well-known brand of multi-media projectors and projection screens. Bossprojector is a competent, dependable, and trustworthy firm that focuses on providing high-quality projectors and projector screens. Bossprojector offers a wide range of DLP, 3LCD, and LCD projectors, as well as front and back projection screens and AV accessories. Get this Indian-designed BOSS S12 Semi Android HD LED Projector with 3000 lumens installed to turn your living room/office into a movie theatre or a presentation space. This is a brand new Full HD projector that was just released. This projector is ideal for office presentations, home theatre, video games, and indoor cinema, among other applications. Large projection sizes up to 150 inches allow you to watch HD movies on a big screen while relaxing your eyes from the TV, smartphone, or computer. This efficiently protects your eyes and gives you the greatest viewing experience possible.
- Indian Warranty: Nationwide 1 Year Warranty
- Offers high brightness or contrast, Interface Technology, Image Correction Frees your Viewing Position
- Can’t mirror the screen from any from any cast device or chrome cast devices
- Heats up within an hour of projection
- No WiFi Support
- 1080p Full HD Support
- Native Resolution: 1280 x 720
- High contrast Ratio: 1000 : 1
- Screen Size: 3.04 m (120 inch)
- Lumens: 2400 Lumen , 210 ANSI Lumen
- LED- Life Long Lamp + 30000 Hours Life
- Connectivity: HDMI , 2 X USB , VGA , AV , SD Card Slot , Audio Out
- Sound: In-Built Speakers
- Compatibility: TV (Set Top Box), Fire TV Stick, PC/ Laptop, DVD, Play Station etc
Egate has been among the first to introduce digital LED projectors to the Indian market since 2011. Egate was responsible for a new paradigm in cost-effective home entertainment, with equipment that replicated an excellent cinema theatre experience in everything from apartments to bungalows, in addition to enhancing current business and education areas. We appreciate your efforts in making Egate the segment’s leader and best Indian brand. The most trusted brand and model, the i9, enters the CLASSIC era with the same robust and Indianized style, but with HD 720 native resolution, improved brightness, and a larger 120″ screen size. Designed for movie buffs who need flawless motion picture reproduction while maintaining a careful mix of quality and affordability. The i9 series is designed for Home Cinemas in private rooms or in environments with controlled lighting to deliver accurate visuals and consistent colour performance as intended for you, the true cinephile.
- 2 Year Warranty
- Compact and light-weighted
- Digital zoom
- It lacks the contrast and brightness
- Display: 1080 Full HD support & 720p native
- 210″ & 4000 Lumens large display with high contrast of 2000:1
- Wireless Mirroring
- Miracast & Streaming from mobile devices like Android / iOS
- Connectivity: 2 x HDMI | USB | VGA | AV | SD Card Slot | Audio Out
- Lamp Life: >45,000 hrs
It is the torch bearers’ vision that has changed the globe; from politics to technology, the torch bearers all have one thing in common: how to uplift humanity and make life better via positive change. While this was true both then and now, the technological paradigm change is arguably the most important contributor to this noble cause today. Since its beginning, Visitek has been driven by a global ambition to improve people’s lives by introducing the newest in technology and bridging the technological divide. V6 Miracast by Visitek is an ideal TV replacement for homes, small offices, and classrooms. You can wirelessly mirror movies and material from your mobile devices such as iOS and Android using the inbuilt Linux OS for screen mirroring. With its stunning HD visual quality and smart and intuitive user interface, it is undoubtedly the Product of the Year.
- Mulit-screen Mirroring
- Large size screening
- Its a global brand, so servicing or additional support is at your service
- Zero noise while working
- With its 3300Lumens and 2000:1 contrast ratio, the picture is stunningly brighter with which i can watch movies with a tubelight lit on a well spaced room during the day itself
- WiFi for Casting only
- No x-axis y-axis adjustment to shrink the projected image on the screen to our desired length and height
- Weak Bluetooth Connectivity
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Why do display screen size and throw distance matter? Or what is the throw ratio?
Projectors have a completely important specification known as "throw ratio." Throw Ratio tells us what image size we can project from a certain distance away. It also tells us about the distance of the projector from the display screen (throw distance) and how extensive is the display.
2) How a good deal of brightness do I want?
Even as the throw ratio is very crucial, brightness is the maximum essential specification to get it right. If the image isn’t brilliant enough to be visible without a doubt, all other issues fly out the window. One of the biggest challenges for the projectors is to get enough light out of it. If a projector is ever “too bright,” you may continually just turn the brightness down. But choosing a projector with a dim light is not recommendable. The measurement of projector brightness is in ANSI lumens. This brightness can be calculated depending upon various factors like the throw distance, image width, how much ambient light is present in the room, and the content that will be shown through the projector. Here’s some guidance to choose the projector having good brightness:
- Living room: 1500 to 2000 lumens
- School classroom or boardroom: 3000 lumens
- Lecture hall, church, or larger venues: 4500 lumens
- Stadium or movie theater: 20,000 lumens
3) What resolution do I need?
Maximum projectors nowadays are atleast XGA (1024 x 768) resolution, a 4:3 ratio format has been the longtime staple for giving PowerPoint presentations. Pocket projectors now and again have funky, low native resolutions. Because of high-definition video, increasingly widescreen formats starting at WXGA (1280 x 800) and 720p are supplanting the legacy 4:3 requirements. Though, we don’t recommend going lower than XGA. At SVGA or lower resolutions, pixilation within the photograph could be very obvious.
4) Are projector’s built-in speakers sufficient?
Projectors, just like TVs, aren’t built to deliver fantastic sound; often restricted to at least one-watt or 3-watt speakers, which might be less in most situations. Investing in a separate sound system even a transportable audio system is usually recommended. In case you do want the benefit of an all-in-one answer, choose a projector that has at least a ten-watt built-in speaker.
We hope you like our recommendations on digital projectors. We feel you have now gained good knowledge about the types, brands, brightness, resolution and other factors after reading our buyer’s guide. Now you can choose the best one for yourself. Please mention in the comments below which one you chose and how our blog helped you in choosing the right one.