The monsoons have brought with them the joy of cold and fear of epidemics. “It’s the weather” as you might have heard from many people. Contaminated air is not an old concept. To save ourselves from the dreaded particles in the air, we could use air purifiers.
The air purifiers cater to our residential as well as commercial needs. They have HEPA filters that aid in cleaning the air around. HEPA filters help in removing dust particles, pollen grains, smoke, pet dander and all the pollutants from the air.
Some benefits of air purifiers are as stated below:
- They render the air 99.9% dust free by removing particles of size 0.3 microns and more.
- They clear the air of contaminants that cause allergies as asthma.
- They can suck second-hand smoke and make the air odour free.
- They preserve room décor, protect furnishing, reduce maintenance and housekeeping and mitigate fire hazards from heating equipment.
- Iconic air purifiers eliminate tiniest of the particles in the air acting as an aid for people with health problems.
- Ozone air purifiers are capable of removing medicinal odour, heavy cooking smell, pungent smell and cigarette smoke also.
The air purifiers are not very ideal as they have a few drawbacks too:
- Air purifiers need constant maintenance and cleaning. They can produce ions and ozone. Also, air purifiers are not multitasking. The ones suited for removing odours are not fit to remove impurities and vice versa.
- But research has shown that air purifiers are well capable of removing impurities and contaminants from the air but it is difficult to free the air from odours and gases.
Some of the popular air purifiers are as below:
|Price||Rs. 12, 395|
|Control type||Intelligent technology|
|Coverage area||200 sq ft|
|Air flow level||241.4|
|Number of speeds||HEPA|
|Price||Rs. 8, 999|
|Coverage area||215 sq ft|
|Air flow level||1.77|
|Number of speeds||Pre-filter, cold catalyst filter|
|Price||Rs. 22, 158|
|Coverage area||484 sq ft|
|Air flow level||223|
|Number of speeds||Pre-filter, HEPA, humidifier|
- Be aware of your requirement. Every such appliance comes with their limitations.
- When you are about to buy an air purifier first ensure that your appliance is in sync with the Room Air Cleaner Certification Program standards.
- There is a standard set of specifications for air purifier appliances. Clean air delivery rate or CADR is a measure used for evaluation of the percentage of dirt free air in cubic feet.
(Editor’s Note: The images used in the blog are copyright of their respective owners. It is for representation purpose only.)